Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The best things about the cruise...


...aside from just generally being on vacation for a week+ were:


1. I got to eat ice cream everyday. Most days it was soft serve, but one day the soft serve machine was frozen and so I checked out the actual ice cream station and discovered coconut ice cream!! They didn't have it out every day, but I checked. :0)

2. Eating English muffins (with butter and strawberry jelly) and bacon and fresh pineapple every day for breakfast. :0)

3. Spending some quality time with DH. :0)

As I mentioned, I'd never been to New Orleans, so I was excited to visit the city, specifically and especially the French Quarter.

Here are a few fun pictures of my visit:

On the shelf at a local WalMart... hmmm...

I'm not a whiskey drinker, but the Jack Daniels commercials are usually amusing,
and so was this billboard.

These coi were just painted randomly on the sidewalk.


And what (first or any(?)) visit is complete without a visit to Cafe DuMonde for beignets??

DH and I woke ridiculously early our first full day in NOLA and made the stop at about 4am. Probably a good thing, because all the pictures I've seen of this place during they day--it's packed. So it worked out.

Beignets and cocoa FTW!!

More pictures to come.

Hope you're having a great week.

No comments: