Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2016 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, January 19, 2015

Voracious Reader...


Yes, that's me--a voracious reader when I'm in the zone. As I have been of late. Last Monday I mentioned my progress and now, a week later, I'm here to report that I've read over ONE MILLION WORDS. The spreadsheet with dates, titles, and word count is a click away to the left, the list is to the right and down a bit.

Almost all of those words have been fan fiction. I came across a treasure trove of fascinating works, and the cold weather has been conducive to snuggling up and reading, reading, reading...

However, I did also pledge to read 26 real, published, official books that I could track via Goodreads and so, with a milestone of one million words+ under my belt, I somewhat sadly turn my reading attention to making a dent in another of my personal challenges. As a bonus, I will also be working at the ramping up the proofreading business goal. I have a series bible project to do and the books are historicals and highlanders to boot!



However, a proofing job has come in and so the historicals must wait too....

What about you--favorite romance sub-genre?

PS--I think the three million word goal is going to be a cake walk....what do you think?


3 comments:

Lara Lacombe said...

Sounds like you need to increase your goal--say 20 million words?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jen!! I haven't a doubt you'll meet that word goal. And congrats on the proofreading/series bible jobs.

Nancy

Jen FitzGerald said...

Lara, I think I'm going to up that word count too. Twenty million might be a bit much :) but I'll have to seriously ponder a decently challenging number.

Thanks, Nancy!

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America