Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2016 Reading Challenge




I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound worth reading a second time.

2016 Goals

  • be a better website person for my writing group
  • be a better treasurer for my writing group
  • get physically healthy and well
  • walk the dog/walk to the post office
  • reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
  • get the house clean(er)
  • keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
  • create pod fic
  • read and re-read
  • writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, March 8, 2013

Tag, I'm it again...


My friend, Char Newcomb, tagged me to name five of my all time favorite reads. It was supposed to be historical fiction, but we've decided all fiction works, so here goes, in no particular order...although four out of five of these could be considered historical. :)

1) Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - It's been a really long time since I've read it, but I have done so probably five or six times. I love the movie too.

(Used with permission from WikiCommons.)

2) Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman - loaned to me by my CP, Lavender Daye, a couple of years ago, this book has stuck with me ever since.

(used without permission)

3) Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - I'm lumping all the books together, otherwise they'd take up all the slots. And I can't really decide which one of the seven I like best.

(my picture of my books)

4) The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett - I had the book as a child, but was never able to read it until I was an adult. And then I loved it.

 (Used with permission from WikiCommons.)

5) Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne - yep, I'm over forty and I still love Pooh. I still have my 4-book set that I got as a little girl.

(Used with permission from WikiCommons.)

So, how about you friends...what are some of your favorite books?

2 comments:

Lara said...

GWTW is amazing--sometimes I'm in the mood for the movie, sometimes I'd rather read the book.

I love the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Lonesome Dove is another favorite of mine as well.

Char Newcomb said...

Somehow, I've never managed to read GWTW! I should put it on my "to-read" list.

Thanks for playing along, Jen! :)

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search

Loading...

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America