For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound interesting as well as creating pod fic. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (17)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2013 (154)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, November 19, 2012
8:05 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
So two Mondays ago, we put Honey to sleep. Sammy seemed to be doing well enough and wasn't acting overly distraught. This past Friday she went outside first thing when I got up as she always does, but didn't come back in straight away. Occasionally, she'll stay out and enjoy the cool, so I didn't think much of it, only checking to make sure the gate hadn't been left open.
A sort time later, the Brown-Eyed Girl went out there to find Sam in a state of almost paralysis. We first thought she'd stepped on something or had hurt one of her legs or paws. But she wasn't yelping or wincing or even pulling away as we felt around for a wound. We decided to wait and see.
She acted lethargic for the rest of the day, not eating or drinking, acting dizzy when she did get up to take care of business. We then thought maybe she'd gotten stung or bitten or had possibly ingested something. DD did a little online research and it's also possible she suffered a mild stroke.
I'm glad to report she's mostly fine, eating and drinking, no longer dizzy, and moving around, not just laying in one spot. She wags her tail when spoken to, etc. But I do think she's now exhibiting signs of missing Honey. She's just not herself. Getting over that loss will just take time.
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.