Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The countdown begins...

...to the weekend. It's not just any weekend for me. It's conference weekend. My writing chapter is sponsoring a conference for writers. As president of my group, I feel like I have to be there, though I'm not officially attending the conference itself. I did go buy some new clothes, something business casual and nice and more professional looking than I anything I owned. I'm quite pleased.

But I'm spending the weekend with other writers and specifically my critique partners, sharing a room with one of them in particular. I can't wait. I have wine and snakcks and treats, though there's not going to be a whole lotta time for socializing. I'm packed as much as I can be at this point. Friday morning after I get up, I'll pack up the rest of the stuff (toiletries and electronics) I need and my CP will pick me up and off we'll go.

In other news...

The blue bonnets are blooming here in Texas. Spring is official I guess. The weather's been perfect for sleeping. I can sleep with the windows open and enjoy the coolness that happens only for a few weeks each year in the spring and fall.

Most importantly, one of my other CPs was offered a contract for her book. I don't want to go into more details right now, only because I don't the status at the moment. But it was very exciting and she was thrilled. Congrats, girl!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America