Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, July 7, 2008

1968 - Oh, what a year...

As noted a few weeks ago, I celebrated a birthday. A milestone one at that. Yes, I turned 40. A couple of weeks ago, while at the grocery store, I came across a special edition of TIME magazine celebrating the year 1968 (which obviously was the year I was born). I flipped through it, but put it back on the shelf as it wasn't the cheapest magazine on the rack, and to be honest, I never buy magazines. But my daughter made me buy it, although it didn't take much convincing.

So on the 4th, as I was resting up for the evening's activities, I finished reading through the articles. There were some really interesting and noteworthy events that year - my birth notwithstanding! TIME hailed it as a milestone year in our nation's history. So as an ode to my birth year, I thought I'd share some of the events that caught my attention. The first of which I posted the other day - the image of the earth rise from the other side of the moon taken by Bill Anders during the Apollo 8 mission in December 1968. (Go ahead, take a minute, scroll down and check out the photo, read the post...)

I guess that's it for now. Just wanted to check in, explain my posts in case you scratched your head wondering where these varied topics might have originated... In a couple of days, I'll upload some footage from the 5th Annual Fireworks Extravaganza for your belated viewing pleasure.

1 comments:

Sandra Ferguson said...

Oh, I love reading about my birth year -- those tiny books you can find in Hallmark? -- really are eye-opening. You're right in that surely the most important event was your birth, but it's nice to know some of those little inconsequential details, as well.

Have a great week.

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America