For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound interesting as well as creating pod fic. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
2016 NASCAR Winners
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (69)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2013 (154)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
8:58 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Monday, I drove down to the fireworks store to pick up my Brown-Eyed Girl! (Her room mate drove her up that far from Houston.)
It was a nice little road trip. A gorgeous day. Despite it being 95*, I drove with the windows down and the music turned up.
It was good to have both my baby girls under one roof. But with the arrival of both girls and both their cats--there are currently SIX females in the house! The girls and me, two felines, and one canine.
There's been a lot of hissing and growling, but no altercation as of yet between any of the four-legged females. Surprisingly, Rayna has been a bit leery of the cats. Unless I expressly call her into or out of my bedroom, she stays put and looks anxiously in Amber's room worried that Karma is going to get her. If I'd realized she was that much of a chicken, I'd have gotten a cat ages ago. I do hope that at some point, Rayna and Karma have a throw-down. Karma has front claws, so if Rayna gets a taste of that, she'll retain a healthy respect for cats and perhaps I can finally get a cat. But we'll see how it goes.
Anyway, here are my grand-kitties--the only grand anything that I want. :)
Have a great rest of the week.
Monday, June 27, 2016
8:34 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
The Brown-Eyed Girl is coming for a visit and Darling Daughter is moving home to help out for a few months. I'm so excited to see both my girls--now if only Sonshine could make it home, but alas...
In other news--now that maybe the real baby birds have left the nest, Mama and Papa Cardinal have been flying and chirping all around my yard.
Mama cardinal at the birdbath.
Despite the warm temps it was a rather lovely day yesterday, so Rayna and I spent some time in the yard. Here she is stalking a squirrel...
...up on the power lines that run from one pole to another across the back end of our yard. Silly puppy!!
Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Friday, June 24, 2016
8:04 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Not much going on and work has been fine, but I'm definitely glad it's the weekend.
Hope to get a couple thousand words written this weekend on the latest WIP.
Have a great one!!
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
8:35 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
At the beginning of the month, I talked here about the podfic I'd created. As a refresher, podfic is basically like an audio book, only it's fan fiction being read and not a "real" published book.
Well, reveals were finally made and my recipient--the author of the fic I read/turned into podfic--seemed quite pleased with my efforts and had many complimentary things to say about the end product. He or she also wants to link it to the original written version housed at a major fic archive.
Needless to say, I'M VERY CHUFFED at the response and can't wait to visit the fic page and actually see the link.
So, while I still don't have much time at the moment to learn the software, I definitely want to try my hand (or mouth??) at this again.
Friday, June 17, 2016
6:00 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Not much going on, really...just reading, writing, and watching TV. But my vincas that grew up out of the patio last year are back!
I'd transplanted them from the cracks in the patio squares to a planter and they (obviously) are growing and blooming again.
Also, the mimosa tree is in beautiful bloom:
Have a great weekend.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
6:39 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
I love both my daughters. I really really do. They're smart beautiful women. Why is it that I struggle to make conversation with them (one more than the other), but I can talk for hours with Sonshine??
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Mar 2016
- Omnibus by dhampir72
- Lay It Down by dhampir72
- Sleeping With James Bond by dhampir72
- The Hand I Want to Hold Forever by dhampir72
- Favours by dhampir72
- Sigh No More by dhampir72
- To the Sticking Place by blueink3
- Wars We Fought, Things We're Not by blueink3
- Crush by stereobone
- Synchronicity by stereobone
- Call Him Love by itsallfine
- Sleep Deprivation is No Excuse by elenothar
- When the Sun Goes Down and No Stars Light the Night by elenothar
- Pitfalls of the Odd Pagan Holiday by elenothar
- Wooing Rituals of the James Bond Variety by elenothar
- How Q Hacked Online Dating by JayEz
- Our Final Problem by JayEz
- Five Years Isn't So Long by scioscribe
- Amber by scioscribe
- Home (and Country) by scioscribe
- Cuckoo by scioscribe
- Fallible Creatures by scioscribe
- Dramatic Arts by scioscribe
- A Pox on All Your Machines by scioscribe
- Love and Other Hazardous Materials by Luchia
- Amenable by resonant
- Practical Angora Goat Raising by lavvyan
- Tantalus by moonblossom
- Whoredom in Egypt by ancientreader
- Let Them Howl by alex_caligari
- Rearranged by itsallfine
- Order of Operations by patternofdefiance
Read in Feb 2016
Read in Jan 2016
- Practical Johnkeeping by what_alchemy
- Unwasted by patternofdefinace
- Chemistry and Crooked Shelves by 221b_careful_what_you_wish_for
- Two Days by PoppyAlexander
- Two Days by tweedisgood
- A Sense of Scale by alphera
- We Are Only Human by TennantsLittleKitten
- Checkmate by TennantsLittleKitten
- A Married Man by Persophones_Keeper
- A Time of Beauty by akashathekitty
- What Dreams May Come by danlef
- No Bangs Without Foreign Office Approval by reckonedrightly
- Save the Last Dance for Me by Lilith (Citrine)
- Snapshot by saziikins
- The Violet Hour by breathedout
- Drunk With Your Kiss by Biswholocked
- The Human Cipher by wendymarlowe