For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2014 Reading Challenge
This year, I'm again pledging to read at least 52 fiction books, though shooting for 60.
I did exceed my 52 book goal from last year.
- lose weight--get down to 120ish pounds (that's 16 lbs.)
- pay off the credit card with proofing money
- create bulb bed/plant bulbs on the side of the house
- work on back yard
- bookshelves in living room
- ramp up proofreading
- publish three more Romance Writer's Guides books
- get my son graduated
- read up on how to make the body work like it's supposed to and help my hubby lose weight and get healthy
- read 64 books, including 12 books on plotting
- ▼ September (12)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2013 (154)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, September 29, 2014
6:30 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Movie Monday's are supposed to be for films I've never seen before, but this is a special exception.
Yesterday, I saw Gone With the Wind on the big screen!
(The original pre-release poster. Used via the Wiki-commons license.)
In celebration of the 75th anniversary of the movie's original preview on September 9, 1939 in Riverside, California by the producer, David Selznick, his wife, an investor, and the film editor Hal Kern the movie is being shown in select theaters across the nation this week. The movie officially premiered in Atlanta at Loew's Grand Theater on December 15th of the same year.
Now, I've read the book and seen the movie (on a TV screen) at least a half dozen times each, and the opportunity to see it in a movie theater on a huge screen in wonderful re-mastered color was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I gratefully tagged along with a friend and her family (thanks, Lara) rather than view it alone, though I would have and enjoyed the whole thing tremendously anyway.
What about you? Have you read the book or seen the film? Do you agree it's a classic film?
Friday, September 26, 2014
6:16 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
One of my secret pleasures is the TV show Glee. Lea Michelle, who plays the female lead (Rachel Berry), has a phenomenal voice. She has given me chills with her renditions of certain songs.
Part of the character's back story is that she loves Barbara Streisand and wanted to reprise Funny Girl on Broadway--which she eventually does. Early on in the show, she sang Ms. Streisand's acclaimed Don't Rain on My Parade, which has for some reason become a must listen daily for me. I'm not sure why...
Anyway, I'm gonna share it with you today and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
And have a great fall weekend, too!
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
5:57 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
It's fall! I love fall--the colors and the smells and the (eventual) dropping of the temperatures.
For three weeks, these mums teased and tantalized me at the grocery store. This past Sunday, I finally broke down and splurged all of $4 on them. That $4 was well spent on something that has and will bring me great pleasure.
But now I have several pots of flowers that need planting--which will require some energy to turn up the soil and plant. I also have to find a spot safe from the dog, who has already trampled one flower bed.
Happy fall, dear friends and readers.
Monday, September 22, 2014
6:20 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
My sister- and brother-in-law live and work in the Middle East right now. They're home on leave for a short time and brought me these fun gifts...
...a magnetic post-it note and a camel-themed ornament...
Both are perfect.
Hope you had a lovely weekend.
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Books Read in 2014
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Two epic novels worth of Sherlock fan fiction (and counting) by various authors
- Up All Night by Renee Ashley Williams
- Oral Invitation by B.J. Hayes
- Lights Out by Ann Campbell
- Explicitly English by Rachel Leigh
- M-theory: Mycroft, Moriarty, and Magnussen’s shared motifs, James Bond’s “M,” Mary and Janine, and the big gay long game by the loudest subtext in television (that's a screen name, if you hadn't guessed)
- Noble Beginnings by L.T. Ryan
- Christmas Justice by Robin Perini
- Just A Fling by Olivia Noble
- Running by Patrice Fitzgerald
- Buster's Law by Laraine Lebron
- Harry PotterPage to Screen by Bob McCabe
- Professional Plot Outline mini-Course by Holly Lisle
- The Plot Skeleton by Angela Hunt
- Rock Your Plot by Cathy Yardley
- Basher Five Two by Scott O'Grady
- Mai Tai Marriage by Chris Keniston
- Still Delicate by padfoot4ever (Harry Potter fanfiction)
- Deliate by padfoot4ever (Harry Potter fanfiction)
- Montana Sky by Nora Roberts (audio book)
- Mad About Plaid by Kam McKellar
- The Roles We Play by JoAnna Grace
- Drowning by Racel Firacek
- Whip Me Up, Tie Me Down by Lavender Daye
- Game of Fear by Robin Perini
- Lost in Temptation by Lauren Royal
- What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex
- Improper Proposals by Juliana Ross
- Kira's Keeper by Jan Schliesman
- Improper Arrangements by Juliana Ross
- Improper Relations by Juliana Ross
- How to Kick Your Fat in the Nuts by T.C. Hale
- Stop!!! Manifesting Money by D/C Russ
- A Lady in Defiance by Heather Blanton
- Secret Obsession by Robin Perini
- Rebooting Your Life: A 12-Day Program for Ending Stress, Realizing Your Goals, and Being More Productive by Gibbons
- 30 Daily Weight Loss Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle by Joshua Wylie
- Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
- Coconut Oil Recipes: Nature's Remedy for Health, Beauty, Weight Loss, Allergies & Detoxing by Scarlett Aphra