For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2014 Reading Challenge
This year, I'm again pledging to read at least 52 fiction books, though shooting for 60.
I did exceed my 52 book goal from last year.
- lose weight--get down to 120ish pounds (that's 16 lbs.)
- pay off the credit card with proofing money
- create bulb bed/plant bulbs on the side of the house
- work on back yard
- bookshelves in living room
- ramp up proofreading
- publish three more Romance Writer's Guides books
- get my son graduated
- read up on how to make the body work like it's supposed to and help my hubby lose weight and get healthy
- read 64 books, including 12 books on plotting
- ▼ 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (154)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2014 (102)
- 2013 (154)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, September 1, 2014
6:27 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Today, Monday, September 1, 2014, we celebrate the back bone of America--its labor force.
Why are you here even reading this?? Go--enjoy the extra day of rest. Go cook something on the grill. Enjoy the day and celebrate yourself. :)
Friday, August 29, 2014
6:40 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Because of this...
There's no more of this...
Tonight's the first football game of the FWISD season and for the first time in four years, we're not there. I'm a little bit sad about that...
Labels: Friday Night Lights, high school football, marching band, marching band boy, sonshine | 4 comments
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
6:34 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Recently, I've been watching another BBC show called Land Girls.
The series tells the tale of women during World War II who were conscripted or willingly joined the Women's Land Army--an organization started up during WWI to place women on farms to do the work of the men who'd gone off to fight. It is estimated that in Great Britain, 260K women served during WWI and 80K during WWII. In addition to the Land Army in Britain, there was also the Women's Timber Corps to fill labor shortages in the Forestry Service as well.
Just FYI, the show itself is basically a period soap opera, not a documentary, if you found the topic of interest.
There were similar organizations in the United States, The Women's Land Army of America, as well as Australia.
Anyway, I love history, and thought I'd share the love.
Monday, August 25, 2014
8:16 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
So we got a definite date for Sonshine to ship out. October 8.
Until now, it's been a nebulous end-of-October time frame, subject to change depending on openings in the training programs.
Having an official date (though still subject to change, I'm sure) makes it all the more real.
You all know how proud I am of him and how excited I was for him to join the military, but having a date brings it all home. My son is going out into the world to make his own way. For good.
It's a good thing. I know it is.
But it makes me sad...
Friday, August 22, 2014
6:22 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Watching TV can teach you things and take you places.
As I mentioned several posts ago, I finally discovered the BBC's Sherlock--a contemporary remake of Arthur Conan Doyle's famous detective.
One of the location shoots took place at 23 & 24 Leinster Gardens, Bayswater, London and was referred to as the Lie of Leinster Gardens. I Google-searched this to see if was true and sure enough! (Click the address for a bit more detail.)
(image from Wikipedia)
So basically it's a facade bridging two sections of five-story terraced housing, but there's no actual home behind the two addresses. The underground train system used random open spaces to keep the tunnels free from smoke and for the old steam engines to vent their steam...
Click here to see more images of the back side of the "house." There's also more info via this link.
I wonder if there are any such anomalys here in the States.
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Books Read in 2014
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Two epic novels worth of Sherlock fan fiction (and counting) by various authors
- Up All Night by Renee Ashley Williams
- Oral Invitation by B.J. Hayes
- Lights Out by Ann Campbell
- Explicitly English by Rachel Leigh
- M-theory: Mycroft, Moriarty, and Magnussen’s shared motifs, James Bond’s “M,” Mary and Janine, and the big gay long game by the loudest subtext in television (that's a screen name, if you hadn't guessed)
- Noble Beginnings by L.T. Ryan
- Christmas Justice by Robin Perini
- Just A Fling by Olivia Noble
- Running by Patrice Fitzgerald
- Buster's Law by Laraine Lebron
- Harry PotterPage to Screen by Bob McCabe
- Professional Plot Outline mini-Course by Holly Lisle
- The Plot Skeleton by Angela Hunt
- Rock Your Plot by Cathy Yardley
- Basher Five Two by Scott O'Grady
- Mai Tai Marriage by Chris Keniston
- Still Delicate by padfoot4ever (Harry Potter fanfiction)
- Deliate by padfoot4ever (Harry Potter fanfiction)
- Montana Sky by Nora Roberts (audio book)
- Mad About Plaid by Kam McKellar
- The Roles We Play by JoAnna Grace
- Drowning by Racel Firacek
- Whip Me Up, Tie Me Down by Lavender Daye
- Game of Fear by Robin Perini
- Lost in Temptation by Lauren Royal
- What Wendy Wants by Nikki Sex
- Improper Proposals by Juliana Ross
- Kira's Keeper by Jan Schliesman
- Improper Arrangements by Juliana Ross
- Improper Relations by Juliana Ross
- How to Kick Your Fat in the Nuts by T.C. Hale
- Stop!!! Manifesting Money by D/C Russ
- A Lady in Defiance by Heather Blanton
- Secret Obsession by Robin Perini
- Rebooting Your Life: A 12-Day Program for Ending Stress, Realizing Your Goals, and Being More Productive by Gibbons
- 30 Daily Weight Loss Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle by Joshua Wylie
- Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
- Coconut Oil Recipes: Nature's Remedy for Health, Beauty, Weight Loss, Allergies & Detoxing by Scarlett Aphra