Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Happy Hump Day :0)

 

I've had to tweak my reward system just a hair...

The original plan was that accomplishing all daily goals 4 days out of 7 earned me a puzzle from Dollar Tree. And then 7 days of perfect accomplishment earned a trip to Buc-cee's or, since we're going to hockey games again, a new puck for the collection.

The problem is that if I have a bad Saturday (day one of the week for purposes of this system only) then my 7 day reward is out the window, and then there's no incentive to be as diligent or to strive as hard if there are other challenging days...

So 6 perfect days will earn a book purchase. (I found a new author!) But if I get 7 perfect days, I have to choose one reward or the other.

I'm also fixing to swap out one item for another. The daily working-on-writing is pretty much a given unless I'm up/out late because of hockey, but that's a pre-set acceptable exchange: WIP or sleep. I need sleep and, while I love writing, I can't sacrifice sleep. My body doesn't function well without enough of it.

Anyway, I'm thinking of cycling in daily walks to the post office (rather than driving, that is). I don't have the best timing, though, do I?? North Texas is about to get hit with some sub-freezing temperatures. But I've been meaning to add another sustained effort of exercise and I used to walk to the P.O. many moons ago.

It's a nice way to get some fresh air and sunshine (even if it's cold--unless it's too cold).  Of course, what do I do on Saturdays and Sundays? I could use the treadmill for fifteen minutes or--wait for it!--I could walk the dog. Granted it's only two days, but better than nothing, right?? And once I'm able to work from home again, it could become four....

Hope you're having a great week so far... See you Friday.

 

No comments: