Monday, August 3, 2020

Happy Monday


So-- Ice Cream. I attempted chocolate strawberry chocolate chip. It wasn't bad, but it needed to be sweeter. Next time around, I need to add a bit more sweetener to the jar. Also not terribly keen on the frozen bits of fruit. So I need to mash or blend the fruit up into more of a compote too I think.

From this:

To this:


The recipe makes a bit more, but I'd nibbled a bit before remembering to take a picture. :0) Add all ingredients to a mason jar, shake for five minutes, then freeze until done. Easy peasy.

More to come!

* * * * *

DD came home with a little tiny baby Stars jersey for the cat. Karma was not impressed.


Now we need to get one for the dog and take pet pictures of them together--ha!

* * * * *

How was your weekend? Mine was productive, especially on the writing front, as I had the house to myself Friday evening, all of Saturday, and half of Sunday. Since writing time starts pre-dawn, I was able to invest myself in writing sprints for as long as the write-brain would cooperate.

I also took the broom and Swiffer mop to our bedroom. Last task in there is to dust everything on the walls. Dusting. Blech! My least favorite household chore.

I'm also debating on whether or not I'm up for re-painting my bedroom. It's been well over a decade and, with some of the spoils of our fireworks season, DH and I are getting a new bed. If there's ever a good time to repaint, I'd say that qualifies.

Not really going to change the Americana  theme, but if I paint, I'm going with a different set of colors. Right now, my walls are light blue above a wallpaper border and dark blue below it. So I'd have to remove the border for sure. When I move forward with this project, I'm pretty sure I'm going to paint the wall the bed is on some shade of burgundy and then go with a light beige/cream color for the other three walls. New mini-blinds are in order as are new window coverings. And that should do it.

I'll keep you posted...

Anyway, back to work. Have a great week.




No comments: