Friday, July 24, 2020

The KRAKEN


The NHL's thirty-second team finally has a name and a logo, a color scheme and uniform designs.





And I gotta say, I'm really excited about it.

Sadly they already named the arena, but if certain sectors of the fandon have their say, the Climate Pledge Arena may end up being affectionately known as the Krak House. I know it's funny on the one hand, but on the other--come on--it so is.

A lot names were bandied about by hockey writers and pod casters and I don't think most of them thought the Seattle team would end up with a such a cool name. I mean, we're talking about the NHL here. One of the oldest of the old boys clubs here and very traditional.

The leadership group for the team...well, they done good by the city and by fans of hockey.

They don't have a players yet. There will be an expansion draft next spring, I think, and they'll begin play in the 2021-2022 season.

Let's go, Kraken, let's go!!

Have a great weekend!!


No comments: