Monday, July 13, 2020

My desire is bigger than my energy levels or my time constraints...


I've got all these things I want to do, from yard and house projects to plain old housekeeping tasks, but the heat and humidity makes it a challenge to muster up the lasting energy levels to get anything done.

Of course, housework is done inside where it's a chilly (?) 72*... But who wants to do housework? I mean, I keep up with the general, daily stuff. Dishes and sweeping and whatnot. The problem is, I need to do the major cleaning--removing the cobwebs from the corners, dusting all the knick knacks, wiping off the baseboards, and then moving furniture to do a thorough sweeping and mopping. In every room. *sigh*

Time is also a factor because, on the weekends, I also want to do other stuff like cross stitch and read. But I've also got to get the general chores like laundry, cooking, and grocery shopping done too.

I'd also like to repaint a room or too. And finish off the garage as a home gym. (Remember that project?)

And...

And...

And...

Well. You get the picture.

And I still haven't finished the bird feeder bed... I was going to do it this past weekend until I looked at the weather. It hit at least 100* on Saturday and then we had no power on Sunday for seven hours.

We lost power again this morning, so no writing for two days in a row when I really need to get back on track.

But maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. I don't know.

Hope you had a lovely and cool weekend...





No comments: