Monday, June 22, 2020

It's Raining, It's Pouring...


We've had a lot of rain this weekend as well as this morning. Thunderstorms, even, which is fine. I had a dog beneath my feet this morning while I wrote as a result of the storms.

On the other hand, I wrote more than the minimum word count this morning and got caught up. :0)

*

Yesterday, I took some time to cross stitch / relax and decided to park myself in front of the boob tube. As I was scrolling for a Star Trek series, I saw Poldark and decided to give it a try and, wow, I've really enjoyed it so far. It's about a man who returns home to Cornwall after fighting in the American Revolutionary War for Britain, to find his father dead, the woman he loves set to marry his cousin, and the copper mine he inherited not producing. Compelling stuff!

*

My body finally wandered back into ketosis, so yay. I'm still trying to incorporate a bit more fat into my diet, because I think that'll help me overall. I did discover a quick and oh-so-easy recipe for keto bread. I can make one serving at a time and make in the microwave. It has two options--one using coconut flour and one using almond flour.

I tried the coconut flour version and it was okay. I just slathered butter on it and scarfed it down, because I was really craving something bread-like. The almond flour version might be better; I need to try it. Anyway, you can slice it in half and use it as sandwich bread or make toast, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works. I made meatloaf this weekend, so maybe a meatloaf sandwich might be a good dinner!

I also tried wedges of green cabbage wrapped in bacon, because bacon! Anything with bacon is better, right?? And it was pretty good. I had a wedge of cabbage and four slices of bacon left over, so I just chopped it all up and sauteed it in a skillet. That was tasty, too, but I'm wondering what the addition of some red onions would add... I'm also wondering how red cabbage wrapped in bacon would taste like. Maybe I'll try that next week.

*

Hope you had a good weekend and I'll see you Wednesday.

No comments: