Monday, February 10, 2020

Getting old stinks...


I'm referring to my eyeballs...

I've had to wear magnifying glasses for many years in order to read and cross stitch--basically anything that I need to see at about a foot from my face.


In October of 2018, I went and got my eyes officially examined and walked away with two pair of prescription glasses, one pair for working on the PC as my monitors both at home and the office are about two feet from my face and one pair distance/driving. I didn't wear the distance glasses for a super long time, until driving at night a while back. Things were blurry. Not enough to cause trouble, but enough to make me nervous that it could happen if I couldn't differentiate between a car and my car's upright when checking to change lanes. So I dug those glasses out and have been wearing them to drive ever since.

And up until a few weeks ago, I've been able to watch live hockey and any kind of TV without any glasses, but now...not so much. The distance to the TV from my normal seat is about 12 feet, and the distance to live hockey from my seats at the arena is at least 100 feet, but these days my view of those two thing-- blurry!! So now...? I have to wear my driving glasses to watch TV and hockey... *sigh*

Also, I was out shopping this weekend and really struggled to see the clothing right on the rack. I'd worn the generic magnifiers over my prescription glasses and until recently they had been good enough. But not now... *heavier sigh* I don't like wearing those ones, because the are not quite wide enough to rest on top of my head when I don't need them to see. But too bad, so sad for me, I guess. I'll be carrying around that clunky plastic glasses case with me everywhere I go for a while.

I do admit I need to go back for an updated exam and probably a new prescription--and definitely new frames for at least one pair. It will have to wait, but I'm looking forward to getting that taken care of in March. I have much too much going between now and March 9th...

Hope you had a great weekend. Let's chat on Wednesday...


No comments: