Monday, December 16, 2019

Holiday Down Time...


Not that there's always much of it and the late Thanksgiving is really biting into time in general. We are down to a week and a day until Christmas Eve Day. And we do celebrate Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house, so theoretically, I'll only have until noon-ish that day to finish any sort of shopping.

Hopefully, it won't come to that...I despise having to go out the last few days before Christmas and deal with all the crazy people and crowded stores. To that end, I have completed my shopping except for Sonshine. I can buy him stuff later since he won't be here in town with us.

But the title says "down time" so let's talk down time. My down time consists mostly of reading, but I do occasionally watch something other than my handful of regular TV shows.

When I sit and wrap, I usually watch something I've watched before, many times. That way I can listen more than watch and I don't miss things because my eyes are on the wrapping, not the TV.


My go-to for many years has been Penelope, a live-action fairy tale type movie. Not sure what I'm going to watch on Saturday, but probably Penelope and maybe some Harry Potter thrown in too.

Do you have any must-watch films of the season?

I love the old "A Charlie Brown Christmas" as well as "The Little Drummer Boy."
 



Apologies for missing last Wednesday and Friday, but time just got away from me...

Have a great week.

No comments: