Monday, July 29, 2019

Information Overload


The workshop was fabulous and chock full of information. I don't know how much of it I absorbed so we'll see how it goes. We could take notes, but no recordings or pictures of slides, so...


Now I'm back at work and there's lots to catch up on considering I missed a full day and we're bearing down on the end of the month. Transition time and the busiest part of the monthly cycle...the end of one month and the start of another.

~

I'm trying to stay on track with the exercising and the eating right and doing okay. I finally saw a slight drop in the low arc of my weight, so that was encouraging. There's about a four pound swing in my weight cycle that cycles lower as I lose the weight. It took a good two to three weeks to see movement, but I finally did, so WHEW!

~

The writing is coming along too. The time between exercising and getting reading for work is sacred for writing. Mostly I'm trying to keep that open for actual writing or editing, but last week I was sort of in between projects, so I did use it to work on publishing tasks.

Today, though, I wrote. I'm trying to get a handle on the plot trajectory for the next anthology book and that's not my strong suit. I've got the beginning of it sorted, so I'm writing with the hopes that things will become clearer to me as I progress toward the beginning-middle of the book.

I'm going on another writers retreat in a couple of weeks, and while I'm there I'm going to tap into the collective writer-brain-trust and ask for some brainstorming help. There will be five other writers besides me, so yeah!! Until then, I'll write and hope that lightning will strike.

Hope you had a wonderful and productive weekend.





No comments: