Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The NHL is on its way to Seattle!!


The NHL's Board of Governors--basically the owners of all the other 31 teams--voted this past Tuesday to award the 32nd franchise to the city of Seattle. They won't play until the 2021-2022 season because facilities there need to be upgraded and renovated. If that was already in place, the timeline would probably only be a year sooner because there are still behind-the-scenes NHL nuts, bolts, and cogs to deal with to prepare for the birth of a new team.


I'm really excited for hockey in Seattle not just for hockey in general but because it's happening in Seattle and we all know what else is in Seattle...

SONSHINE!!!

Sonshine's enough of a reason to go to Seattle, but add hockey to the mix and I have even more impetus to get my butt up there for a visit.

I'm still hoping to make a game--any game--in Vegas. To that end, I submit a Dallas Stars sweepstakes entry everyday. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :0)

Speaking of Dallas Stars...

A) DD and my streak is still in tact: the Stars have won every game that we've attended.

B) We got a bobble head on Monday.

We got the one on the right--our goalie, Ben Bishop. You might remember I mentioned the other one, John Klingberg, some time last year.

Hope you're having a great week!!

Catch you Friday.

No comments: