Monday, December 10, 2018

Monday Musings...


Well, Happy Monday. Hope you had a lovely weekend. Mine was very good. Saturday was writers group meeting, but since it's December, we partied instead of having a writing-related program. My book cover bingo seemed to go over well, so yay. I got several lovely ornaments that went directly on the tree, and I spent quality time with some of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

DH came home so that was really good too. He'd been helping his mom deal with some stuff. With the help of one of DD's best friends, the truck is repaired and as DH said, "purring like a kitten." A local care care place wanted to charge us close to $600 for replacing spark plugs. Between parts and labor, we shelled out $250.

T minus six days until Sonshine arrives home. WOO HOO!!!

Since the truck is drive-able once again, I have my car back. Meaning two things. 1) I no longer have to be stranded at the office when one or other of the employees takes the company vehicle to a client and doesn't make it back by 5pm. 2) I can go back to the gym now.

Which I did this morning. I did not dive right back into wherever I left off, instead just focusing on cardio and burning calories, with a short focus on the abs.

Apologies for missing Friday's post...if you even missed it at all. I tried several times to get something written and just couldn't seem to find a good topic or any sort inspiration.

Confession time...I've been eating atrociously and as a result have gained two pounds. So along with heading back to the gym...I will be trying to get back on track with my eating habits, although I will enjoy the treats of the season. Just not as much of them. And getting back to the gym on a regular basis ought to help a lot.

Gas prices have dropped a little more, which is nice. Down to $1.89 close to my house, which is rarely the lowest of the wider local area. I wonder how low they will get...

As it is Monday, I guess I ought to get my work day started...

Have a great day and I'll see you Wednesday.





No comments: