Monday, June 25, 2018

The 2018 NHL Draft




DD and I only stuck around through Dallas's pick at #13. As I said in a previous post, it was more the experience of attending since it was here in Dallas than any great interest in the actual draft. Most of these boys won't be playing in an NHL game for a few more years, so we don't care much about it. But each pick only took a few minutes, so we stuck around for Dallas's and were still home before it was completely dark. YAY!

But before all of that, I attended the Draft Fan Fest, which is what exactly what it sounds like. The event started at noon, although I didn't get there until about  3:15. I jumped in a line for autographs and got Stephen Johns' autograph--the same player who was the guest at my podcast event the night before.

I got my picture taken with the Stanley Cup!! How freakin' cool is that??



After seeing the Cup, I was gonna go grab a bit to eat, but then I saw the autographs was way too freaking long for the person who came after Stephen John--I honestly don't even know who the guy was--and realized that people were already in line for

drum roll please

Jamie Benn--the Dallas Stars captain and one of the team's two most popular players.

There's a sweet young woman in my life who loves Jamie Benn. She was supposed to come with DD to the Draft, but her little boy was sick and she's a single mom, so she stayed home to care for her little one.

I stood in line for close to two hours to get an autograph for her. I can't wait to see her face when I give it to her.



Because there were so many people for autographs, there were no selfies allowed, so all pictures had to be taken while waiting in line and around other people already standing in front of him.

A fun day was had by moi!!


No comments: