Monday, April 2, 2018

Hope is (not) still alive and (ain't) dangling by a thread...


My view of the ice!!!

This is obviously not an Easter thread... *snort*

Saturday night I went to the Dallas Stars' last regular season home game. They won in spectacular fashion and I had seats I don't normally have--down in the lower bowl. (a gift from a client)

Between our win and the loss of not only our opponent, who's in our division, and that of another team in our division, we still have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs.

I'm not expecting that particular miracle, because not only do we have to keep winning, certain other teams have to keep losing.

But anyway, I digress... DD was able to get a puck autographed by Dallas Stars legend Mike Modano for her best friend, so that was also cool.

And I was able to get some fun videos and pictures of the guys somewhat up close and personal.

Not that anyone cares but me...here are some pics I took.

Note the basketballs and hockey sticks/pucks on the light fixtures around the AAC. The Stars share the American Airlines Center with the Dallas Mavericks as far as sports go.


 Those are the nosebleed seats where I usually sit. From this vantage point they look worse than they actually are. I like being up high with a full view of all parts of the ice.

 The penalty boxes, where the naughty boys take time out. In between is where the game officials (not referees, who are on the ice) sit in case a ruling from Toronto is needed on a play.

The Dallas Stars players bench...filled with hot hockey boys during game play.

And now for some players...

 The boys warming up...
 More warming up...

 The number one star of the game, John Klingberg and one of my favorite Dallas Stars.

Another of my faves...Mattias Janmark.

And Tyler Seguin--my #1 favorite Star--but, then, I think y'all knew that. :0)
And last but not least, a video of the Reunion Tower with their Dallas Stars lights going off.



Hope you had a lovely weekend and a lovely Easter.


MONDAY AM NOTE: This post was written late Sunday afternoon. The Stars were eliminated Sunday evening when the Colorado Avalanche lost to the Anaheim Ducks... *sigh*

 

No comments: