Friday, April 13, 2018

All peanut butter is not created equal...


A month or so ago, I talked about cinnamon. Today I'm talking about peanut butter. I love peanut butter...well, most peanut butter.

I love to slather peanut butter over a carb-lite tortilla and chow down. Inevitably, I would eat two of them, not just one. And I couldn't understand why I craved them so badly. Remember that I wondered if there was something in peanut butter my body needed and was therefore craving??

And then I was talking to a friend and she pointed out that regular peanut butter has a lot of sugar in it, and of course, sugar is addictive. So it all clicked. She recommended I find a natural peanut butter.

Which I did, and it is absolutely not the same. I no longer eat more than one tortilla/peanut butter roll because the satisfaction level--and the sugar content--has dropped significantly.

It's not a bad thing, because, let's face it, good for you or not, peanut butter is still high in calories. I've been negligent in my exercise regimen and really don't need the extra calories.

I'm really trying to get back on track...despite a dozen-ish serving-size boxes of jelly bird eggs I stocked up on before Easter... :0)

Otherwise it's time to get back to lots of protein and veggies...fewer sugars no matter the form they take--I'm talking about you craisins and dried apricots!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: