Monday, December 11, 2017

Holiday Weight Watching--or should I say Managing?


So going into the holidays, I'm not gonna sweat the temptation of treats. I've reached my target weight, I'm maintaining that weight just fine, and I CAN EAT TORTILLAS AGAIN!!

As long as I keep up with my basic exercise regimen, I'm going to enjoy holiday treats within reason. In other words, I'm not going to turn down a cookie or two--I just won't eat a dozen. I'll eat more protein and vegetables than I will rolls and sweet treats, but I will still have them. I mean, life is challenging enough as it is and there's no reason to turn something that makes life enjoyable.

As for the tortillas, Mission has a carb-smart brand and they are delicious. The Lavash bread is fine, but I love tortillas. Being able to enjoy them again without the carb guilt is fantastic!



The one thing I haven't had for way too long is my favorite pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. There's a very real possibility that if faced with that in cake or cupcake form, I will cave like a cheap house of cards and devour the whole thing. Perhaps, though, if they're made for the holidays and available to others, I'll be able to resist temptation!


What one food item is your downfall??


No comments: