Monday, April 3, 2017

Good Morning...


Yep, I went AWOL last week. I think I was just wiped out and my brain couldn't come up with anything exciting to talk about. I'm still at a loss, really, but figured I ought to check in.

So what's going on with Jen?

Well, Saturday was my writing group's annual conference, which was a lot of fun. I saw my favorite peeps which is always a joy and I learned about character archetypes.

In pondering the heroes of my first six books, I discovered I have four of one type with two others that also have those underlying tendencies. All the others are unique. I might have to branch out a little and challenge myself to try a new archetype.

I also made some progress finally on book five revisions. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm feeling better about the whole thing. Mostly, anyway. :0)

I've got a lot of publishing stuff to get a handle on this month too as time ticks down to publication day. I'm looking at a slight change to my plan after a conversation with a successful friend of mine--that being only publishing the first three books to start, with the fourth one coming 28 days after, and book five coming 28 days after that and book six 28 after that.

And now that I'm thinking about that schedule, books six will now be scheduled two and half weeks sooner than anticipated... Hmmm... Gonna have to think about some more. I'm not opposed, but the question becomes: can I get the book done and edited in time along with all the other stuff on my plate?

I really wanted to publish in June for my birthday, but maybe I should consider postponing for a month... I don't know.

So a good weekend over all for me. How about you?

No comments: