Monday, August 15, 2016

The Premiere League has returned...


Despite the on-going Olympic games, I'm excited to see the return of the Premiere League--which is English football or as we call it here in the States: soccer.


Leicester City, the champions at 5000 to 1 odds last year, return under tremendous pressure to win. Unfortunately they lost their first game of the season as well as it apparently being the first one they've lost since February! Shame. You know they wanted to start the season with a win.

So, baseball's just over halfway done, NASCAR, too, the Premiere League has started. All that's left is the getting to hockey season.

The L.A. Dodgers will always be my go-to team, but I'm at a stage where I want to watch and I'll pick a team to cheer for on a game by game basis.

My chosen NASCAR driver, since Sterling Marlin retired from driving, is Martin Truex, Jr.

I'll follow Leicester City for the season and see how they do, although most of my British friends think they're a one shot wonder.

As for hockey, I'm going to jump on the Tyler Seguin/Jamie Benn/Dallas Stars bandwagon and see what happens.

Tyler is in the center, Jamie is on the right. I don't know the guy in the jersey.


Are you a sports fan? Favorite sport? Favorite team? Favorite player?



No comments: