Monday, May 23, 2016

I finally get to see...

Frankenstein on the stage. Well, sort of...

All y'all know how much of a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch I am right? Yeah. So in 2011 he did a three month run of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Ben and Johnny Lee Miller switched roles between the doctor and the creature daily!

BC's monster on the left, JLM's monster on the right.

Anyway, I'd been wanting to see the performance, but the National Theater in England said they had no intention of issuing the performance to DVD. I was definitely disappointed by that news. BUT THEN, I got an email saying that there was going to be an encore theater showing (the fourth one actually) of the play and I didn't hesitate to buy a ticket right then and there.

So in October, I will see my celebrity crush pulling off yet another--what I'm sure will be--brilliant performance.





No comments: