Wednesday, January 13, 2016

There's a Starman Waiting in the Sky...



The world lost one of the most influential British musicians ever this past Sunday when David Bowie died after a secret 18-month battle with cancer. He released a final album Friday, January 8th--his 69th birthday.


I wasn't a huge fan... That is to say I knew who he was and, as a teenager of the 80s, was familiar with a handful of his songs. You remember the red shoes silliness of a few months ago? Yeah, that was from David Bowie's 1983 release Let's Dance, and that's primarily why his death was a such a shock to me.

(This video, while strange, does not feature any sort of phallic symbols!)


Some may also recognize him as Jereth the Goblin King in the fantasy action film Labyrinth...


On a more personal note, though not quite as sad as David Bowie's death, I dropped Sonshine off at the airport yesterday afternoon as it was time for him to return to Seattle. It was a nice visit and while I wish he still lived at home/close to home, I'm also a bit glad that life is returning to normal. I like routine and I've gotten used to a quieter existence as well as a house that stays tidy for days on end as opposed to just a few hours. :)

Any David Bowie fans among my followers? Do you have a favorite song?

(The post title is a reference to a very early part of Bowie' career...) 

No comments: