Monday, March 16, 2015

Good bye, sweet Rayna...


Rayna has only been a part of our lives for fourteen months, but she's become a full-fledged member. But when we agreed to give her a home, it was with the caveat that she was DD's dog in name if not in deed--mostly I cared for her. But the deal was when DD moved out, the dog went with her.

Well, she moved out in November but her living arrangements being what they were at the time, DH and I agreed to keep her until DD and her roommate were able to move into a two-bedroom apartment. Moving weekend has finally arrived, but Rayna was in for a surprise--instead of going to live with DD, she gets to live back with her daddy, the young man from whom we originally took her.

They were both quite excited, and I'm pleased as punch for the both of them, if not a little sad for myself.

These pictures are from a previous post about Rayna...





It was a little quiet that first morning, not having the tick, tick, tick of her nails on the flooring or the jingle of the bells hanging from the back door knob when she wanted to go out.

Several people have said I can finally get a cat, and while that's true, I still want to wait a bit. In the mean time, I guess I ought to get started on cleaning my floors!


1 comment:

mtnchild said...

You can get both a cat and a dog and raise them together ...