Monday, November 17, 2014

So You Think You Want To Be a Hotelier

Over the past week, mostly this weekend, I spent way too many hours watching a Travel Channel show call Hotel Impossible with DH. It's not a show I'd have chosen myself, but it was interesting and eye-opening. And, dare I admit, a bit addicting.

I don't know about you, but I've had the random thought of running a restaurant or a bed & breakfast or a small hotel out along the highway...but after the weekend's HI marathon, I'm thinking again.


It's not as easy as it seems on the surface. The show's host helped all kinds of establishments, from historic landmarks, to family run operations, to resort hotels all around the world. (Mostly the Americas)

I'm not saying don't follow a dream, but if you don't have the experience yourself, make sure you have people working for you who know what the heck they're doing.

I think I'll stick with Hotel Giant...







No comments: