Friday, May 30, 2014

Project Linus


Today I'm going to showcase a unique and special organization I recently came across--

Project Linus...
Who of us, or perhaps a child we know, hasn't taken comfort in a blanket? My mom has crocheted or sewn/quilted well over a dozen blankets for me or my kiddos over the years. I remember one with particular fondness, crocheted with random leftover yarn. It wasn't much to look at, honestly, but it was warm and I kept that thing until it fell apart!

The Project Linus mission (from their website): Provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

I thought this was such a super neat thing, I wanted to share it with my blog readers and ask that if they know anyone who quilts, knits, or crochets to pass on this opportunity to bless a child.

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a special project. Will pass along the information. Thanks!
Nancy