Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas is just around the corner...


Last year, if you remember, I did a countdown to Christmas, posting everyday on some aspect of the holiday. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed doing it, but as you can see I didn't plan very well for this year and, well, what's really changed since last year?

So as of today, there are a mere 21 days left until the big day. I've started a bit of Christmas shopping, though I s'pose I better pick up the pace a little.

This weekend, I'm going remove the fall and Fourth of July decorations and put up some Christmas ones. I'm not sure about the tree yet, but I'm definitely stringing some lights around this house (inside for now as it's supposed to be really cold).

And now that the Brown Eyed Girl has her own place and her own tree, it's time go through the ornaments and give hers to her. The ornament thing is one of her favorite traditions, and I have a couple of years to make up, so I'll keep on with it for now.

When do you start decorating for Christmas? Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend? The first weekend of December? Or some other time?

1 comment:

Regina Richards said...

The kids were home for Thanksgiving and our youngest birthday was a few days later so we invited the kids to go get a tree and decorate it and the house and eat junk food and watch movies. Lots of fun and I got all my decorating done in quick order by a whole crew of college kids. Now I need to get hopping on the shopping. I'm thinking online...