Monday, July 15, 2013

My world is a little dimmer and a little sadder today...


Yesterday morning, I learned that Cory Montieth had died Saturday morning sometime. No reports on the cause, but most fans will have posited that it was suicide. Montieth was a recovering drug addict. He'd recently entered and completed a month-long stint in rehab.

I know Cory from the TV show Glee. It's one of my favorites and Cory's character, Finn, also my favorite male character.

I know the pain of having a loved one addicted to drugs. My oldest daughter is recovering (a forever state) and doing well, thank God. Her story could have ended just as tragically and I'm so thankful that she's still with us.

I'm going to share this video with you. From an episode of Glee where Finn sings a song to a fellow glee member. Santana is a lesbian and her status is being outed to the world. She pretty much a bitch all the time and Finn sings her this song to let her know how loved she is (despite her attitude) because he's afraid if things get too bad she'd hurt herself rather than just lashing out at those around her. Too poignant in light of his death. He tells her he loves her right after the video ends.

Anyway, this is one of my very favorite of his performances.

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Heartbreaking that he died so young. What a talent.

Unknown said...

Very sad news :(