Monday, June 3, 2013

Some of my favorite things...


First let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my momma who may or may not see this. Today's her birthday, but she's on her annual birthday camping trip. I sent her a card and a gift in a timely fashion for a change too.

Speaking of birthdays, mine is in nine days--NINE!!! I love my birthday, I really do. I've already opened half my gifts though--which is amazing because we're usually so awful about waiting to the last minute to buy birthday presents. Except Sonshine's 'cause his birthday's in December and I usually buy his birthday presents in conjunction with Christmas presents.

But we're getting off topic...for lack of anything else exciting to post about, (and I'm sure you're all tired of the yard, my weight loss, my financial endeavors, and whatever else I've been yammering about of late) I thought I'd share some of my favorite things. Some you might know based on previous posts, some you might get a chuckle out of.

So let's start with the basics.

Color: green, red, and red, white & blue

Flower: narcissus, a type of daffodil, and tulips

Animal: domesticated: cat, zoo: elephant

Music: genre: country, though I listen to a great deal of marching band show music as well as classical

Season: fall

Holiday: Fourth of July

Actor: Lea Michele, Kyle Chandler, though, to be honest, I don't really follow actors per se

Singers: Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts

Here's the Glee cover of Usher's Without You, sung by Lea Michele, aka Rachel Berry
(there's no video, just the song)



TV show: Glee, Stargate Atlantis, Friday Night Lights (best TV show, ever)


Candy: Almond Joy or Almond Joy Pieces (when I eat candy)

Food: home made burgers, cooked on a charcoal grill

Baked goods: pumpkin pupcakes with cream cheese frosting

Books: Harry Potter, The House on Pooh Corner, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables

Movies:  Star Trek 2009, Penelope, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince


Soda: A&W rootbeer

Hot beverage: Plantation Mint tea

My USS Lexington mug, out of which I drink my hot tea every single morning.

Cold beverage: water and unsweet tea

Favorite president: Harry Truman, Ronald Reagan

Favorite past time: reading

Favorite bird: cardinal

Any favorites I forgot about? Please ask!!

Do we share any favorites? I'd love to know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of the Plantation mint tea as well, and you can't beat A&W root beer out of the tap!