Friday, April 5, 2013

So I was thinking...


Last week, I was doing a bit of housekeeping on my writing group's website. After realizing I'd neglected to keep up with getting president columns added--specifically mine from last year--I spent a little time working on that. In adding them, I read them.

As I was reading, I thought how much I enjoyed writing them--even though it sometimes felt like a chore when I'd forgotten and had to get them to the newsletter editor yesterday. And I remembered one chapter member who told me how much she enjoyed reading about my writing ups and downs. Not in a mean way, you know...but that my long-term struggles and my optimism in overcoming them gave her encouragement.

Anyway, I sort of felt nostalgic about writing those and then I thought, Duh, Jen, you have a blog. You can write whatever you want whenever you want. Ha ha ha ha! My president columns were mostly about the state of the writing group or the state of my writing efforts. Mostly about goals. But I never wanted my blog to be all about my writing because if I ever get a fan following (aside from you lovely friends) they probably won't care so much about my writing trials and tribulations. They'll want to know me--all the crazy that makes me ME! And this blog covers all kinds of crazy things, doesn't it?

So today's Friday and after I get through the work day, it'll be back to working in the yard. I've still got a long way to go and since money is an object (see Wednesday's post) and I don't have much, I have to concentrate on things I can do without any (or much) of the stuff. The dead limb pile is still waiting for me and after all the rain (though we still need more) the lawns need to be mowed again. The patio needs a bit more Round Up applied as well as a good sweep. Then I'll probably have to pluck out the dead weeds that didn't come out of their own accord or with the help of the broom or the rain. And after that, I don't know. I think I'm going to buy some grass seed and start sprinkling it in.

What about you, friends? Big plans for the weekend??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I'm going to rest and try to get over this sinus infection. I want to check out the fiber fest in Grapevine--even though I'm not a skilled knitter, I still like looking at the yarns and assorted items.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Oh, fun!

My mom's a fabulous knitter and crocheter. I can crochet passably, but knitting makes me cross-eyed!

Regina Richards said...

Glad you had pretty weather this weekend for all those outdoor chores.