Monday, April 8, 2013

Saying goodbye



Goodbye sweet puppy.

We lost Sammy Friday evening after several days of her acting very unusual. I had an appointment with the vet for Saturday morning, but we didn't make it. She died somewhere around 6pm, and five months to the day after we put our other dog down. Very odd, since she never really seemed to grieve.

Hopefully, she's found her sister, Honey, and they're roaming the heavenly neighborhoods together on puppy adventures.


To remember our sweet doggies, we bought some flowers, Double Spider Shasta Daisies. So I spent the better part of Sunday tilling up the corner of the yard where they liked to lay and creating a flower bed.



Are you a pet lover? What's your preference? Dog, cat, bird, reptiles?

4 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Rip Sammy. So sorry, Jen.

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss. I like your idea of a memorial garden for your fur babies--what a great way to celebrate them!

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, Lara and Regina.

Lynne Kensington said...

Sorry to hear that, Jen. Glad they're together in doggie Heaven. :( I do love the garden idea, too.

Personally, I'm a cat person--I don't dislike dogs, I just prefer cats. I miss my Oscar-kitty something fierce, and it's been a good seven or eight years now since his death. Mind, with hubby's allergies, I've never been able to get another pet to help ease the empty; poor man barely made it through the years of having Oscar around.