Friday, November 2, 2012

All dressed up...


...And nowhere to go.

As the saying goes anyway. Despite being up *way* past my bedtime last night, I am up early. I might have slept longer, but my tummy was rumbling something fierce. And I might sneak a little snooze later, but for now, the morning is quiet. I haven't gotten to enjoy a quiet morning all to myself in a very very long time. And it's delicious. I can feel the stress ebbing away...

It's retreat weekend--and I have already gotten started. Sorta. The story I'm going to wrok on is open. The last critique of said story is open. And I'm going to work. For the first time in at least a week, but probably longer.

It had been quite some time since I've even booted up my laptop--Dropbox updated 16 files. I have no idea what they were, but...

I don't even have kid responsibilities today. Sonshine got himself up and DH is driving him to school. Woot!

So now off to (writing) work I go. Heigh ho, heigh ho.

What about you? Big weekend plans? Do share!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time at the retreat! Wish I could be there, but maybe next year...

Jen FitzGerald said...

Alas, I didn't actually attend the retreat either. But I pretended and treated it like I was there.

Good things happened. :)

Here's to next year.