Monday, September 17, 2012

Sue Grimshaw is da Bomb!


Sue Grimshaw, Editor-at-Large at Random House was the speaker at my writer's group this past Saturday. On Friday night, there was an open invite to the whole chapter for dinner with Sue. Ten of us made it. It was awesome to get a chance to welcome Sue to the great state of Texas and to get to talk to her on a more intimate level.


Saturday, Sue talked about Random House and the return of the Loveswept romance line. I really wish I wrote longer books because working with Sue and Random House would be fantastic. She didn't mention royalty rates, but the second most important thing on every author's mind is promotion and Sue and RH have it going on. Maybe someday.

Unfortunately, Sonshine's school had a game Saturday night which meant I had to cut my writer's day short. The football team won and the band sounded great to me although Sonshine said they had an off night.

Sonshine has taken up the bass drum for the Battle of the Bands, a district competition. He's having a lot of fun with it.

Today, I was hoping to have a relaxing day, but no such luck. DH wanted to clean out the garage, so I dutifully began going through the stacks and piles. And by the end of the day, my garage looked like this. I wish I'd thought to take a before picture.

 
The washer and dryer you see in the upper left corner used to be in the middle of that empty floor, along with a dis-assembled work-out machine, a TV, and a couple of boxes of Christmas stuff. There was a lot of other stuff in there too, but I won't bore you with details. At some point, that garage will be a family/entertainment room OR it'll be my office/craft/exercise room. :)


Despite all the work, I did get my word count for the day done, so YAY me.

And the last thing I want to share is the double rainbow that appeared last evening after a day of dreary drizzle. Amazing!!



The second rainbow is hard to see, but it is there, just a bit above the main one.

My weekend was crazy busy, but productive and fun. How was your weekend??

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

I enjoyed Sue Grisham's visit as well. The rest of my weekend was productive, though not nearly as good as yours. Two writer events,a football game, garage cleaned, and still made your word count! Very good weekend!

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, Regina!