Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bonus Birthday Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!


Today is my actual birthday!! As of 4:16 pm (if I remember correctly), I will be 44 years old.

I'm feeling happy today, so I'll be warning everyone to keep their grumpies or bad news to themselves.

As you know, I celebrated my birthday on Mother's Day, so there will be no presents today, but that's okay. We may go out to eat, maybe not. Maybe just dessert or something. Maybe not...

I've been trying to lose weight by just altering my eating habits and doing some minor calisthenics during the course of each day, but then I eat something not so good and ruin it. The weight is coming off, but slowly (6.4 lbs. in 5 weeks), which I know is generally better. I'd hoped to lose 24 lbs. by June 29th, but that's not going to happen. But you know what, I'm feeling good, so I'm not going to sweat it. As long as it keeps slipping off, I'm happy.

But DH did say he thought my breasts looked smaller, which was good. (Though he wasn't as pleased. :) But in order to help boost the weight loss, I've given up the beans (carbs) for lunch and switched to meatballs (protein). And just this morning I bought a set of stationary bicycle pedals--not a whole bike, you know, just the pedals. I need to increase the number of calories I burn each day. I've started walking, but my feet can only take so much, and I've wanted a set for quite some time now, so I broke down and bought one. We'll see how it goes.

The Twelve Days of Jen

Since I'm already talking about weight loss, I'll share this gift--which I *did* ask for. Two pound weights to use against under-the-arm flab. I do *not* want that. :)



And that's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow!!

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

Happy Birthday to youuuu! Yup, gotcha in two places ... LOL.

Not to put a bummer on the day, but have you thought of ankle weights? They don't help your feet, but they make you feel like your walking lots more ... just a thought.

I still hope you get one more pressie! a total surprise ...

Love you,
Mom

Regina Richards said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!!!

Clover Autrey said...

Happy happy birthday. Good job on the weight loss. That first 5 and last 5 are the hardest.