Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What? Am I Crazy?

Apparently so.

Following in one of my critique partner's footsteps...

Most of my waking hours revolve around writing. Either I'm writing, revising, or reading. Sometimes I'm taking classes or preparing for writer meetings.

And if I'm not doing that then I'm doing something for Sonshine or the band or just general house wifey stuff.

Or working (yeah, uh huh; that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Earlier in my life, I was more crafty. And I don't mean that in the devious sense. I mean that I used to sew, cross stitch, crochet, and rubber stamp. Baking too, a bit, if that counts.

But I don't do those things anymore. And I miss them.

So when an online friend of mine mentioned she was participating in an event whereby one crochets or knits something during the period of the Summer Olympics and invited others to join her, I accepted her invite almost immediately. In my head at least. It took me a few days to get to the site and join.

The event is called the Ravelympics. And come to find out, my own dear momma is also a member of the site that's hosting the event: Ravelry.com.

So if you are a crocheter or a knitter and are not a member of Ravelry and are interested, check out their About Us page. If you decide to sign up and need a friend, let me know.

It's been a while since I've crocheted, so I'm going to start with something easy. A scarf or something. I bought yarn, a pattern book and a hook yesterday, but I'm not sure if I'm going to proceed with that or make something else. I'll keep you posted.

So are you a well rounded person? Can you share two things that you enjoy doing? The more different they are the better.

No comments: