Monday, April 9, 2012

It was a misty, moisty morning...

...and cloudy was the weather.

Foggy, too. Quite a change from last week's glorious sunshine and temperatures (following the damaging storms of last Tuesday).

Lots of things going on in the neighborhood. We are thinking of moving. Soon. With that thought in mind, we are going on a whirlwind tour of fixing up the house in 37 days. If we don't move, then we can enjoy the fixes and upgrades. If we do decide to move, we've gotten all the small inexpensive fixes done and can move on to some of the larger, more time-consuming, more expensive fixes.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the chaos and upheaval of the next month and a half. DH knows how much I hate chaos and upheaval and change, so he's asked how he can make it easier. Lists and plans so I know what's coming. Some of it, however, is on me. I need to accept the events and roll with the punches and just remember that this too shall pass. :) Either I'll have my house fixed up or I'll be in a new house. I'm happy with either option.

But why, you ask? Several reasons really. DH hates our house and our neighborhood. The school district (mostly the school) is terrible. Sonshine is so smart but he's not being challenged to excel at all. Not in a school full of kids who give a crap about their education and parents who can't or won't be involved. Some of it has to do with our Brown Eyed Girl who may be coming home to live with us. Due to special circumstances, coming home to this house and neighborhood may not be in her best interests. Fresh start and all that.

I really didn't want to move till Sonshine graduated, which is still two years out, but he says he's okay with moving now. If we move, we're both free from this band program which frustrates me no end.

I really didn't want to move because this has been my home and my 'hood for the last eleven years. I know where everything is, how it works, etc...yeah, change and all that.

Anyway, time to get to work and all that.

No comments: