Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break

It's spring break week here in our neck of the woods. DD is off on a mission trip with the church and Sonshine is here at the office with me this week. (Yes, he's old enough to stay home by himself, but he's not always trustworthy enough, though I do think his GF is out of town visiting her dad.)

We had several lovely days of rain and now it's bright and sunny again.

I must confess that I am getting old and I can no longer add. I have no idea what my problem is. I finally realized something yesterday--aside from the whole being unable to add thing...

I'd set my writing goals about a month ago: 1500 words each on Saturday and Sunday and 200 words each day during the week. For the past two weeks, I've been touting that I've reached my weekly goal of 3K words and then some. Except 1500 and 1500 and 1000 equals 4K. DUH!

Regardless of my math skills, I still reached the goal, though by considerably less of a margin. :(

But four thousand words seems so much more daunting to me that I'm adjusting my Saturday/Sunday word goal down to one thousand.

I did eek out my 1500 words for yesterday, though, even with my realization. It was tough going there at the end, but I did it. The words will need a lot of work come revision time, but I don't mind that process so much.

I'm hoping it'll be another slow week since it is Spring Break and I can get my words done and the revisions started.

Happy Monday, y'all.

No comments: