Friday, February 24, 2012

Remember The Lorax???

Back when I was a kid, there was a TV movie that would air every now and again--the adaptation of Dr. Seuss's book The Lorax.

Not too long ago I remembered the show and wondered longingly if it were available on DVD or even YouTube. But life moved on and I forgot. And then yesterday, I heard the radio ad for the new movie coming out on March 2 (what would have been Theodore Geisel's 108th birthday).

I'm a little worried about this new version, because it seems like they always change things and after a bit of Googling this morning, I discovered I was right. I don't know that it's too awful, but I remember the original fondly, and if it ain't broke, why fix it??

So, if you have the time, here is the first half of the original made for TV version of The Lorax.

Enjoy!

No comments: