Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who Knew...

...that my secret exercises were beneficial for more than just getting my blood pumping?

The speaker at my writing group meeting, Sally Felt, told us that performing any kind of cross-body motion helped open up the connection between right brain and left brain, which then helped with the writing.

Last week I was able to spend a lot of time with my WIP, and do you know, I actually felt really, really productive.

Also, yawning. Apparently there are a lot of blood vessels in the jaw area and when you yawn, you force blood through them and to your brain. An oxygenated brain means an active and productive brain. Did you know Anton Apollo Ono yawns before each race for precisely that reason? I didn't before Saturday, but I thought it was interesting.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to work much on my writing during business hours this week, but I went great guns last night with a new writing buddy. Not new in that I just met her. I've known her for many years, but our styles seem to have similarized and she's got a book due, so having at least one person to do writing sprints with helps make a solitary endeavor a little less so and a lot more fun.

On that note, it is time to start my day job...

1 comment:

C. A. Szarek said...

Good luck with the sprints!