Thursday, January 19, 2012

I spent a lot of yesterday adjusting the time line for my current WIP, and last evening I doggedly revised the necessary portions to accommodate the shift from late fall/early winter of 1941 to spring of 1942. And it's done. Well, to the extent of the part of the WIP I had in the working document. Now I have go back to the old working doc and start transferring sections from old to current and revise and revise some more. I've also decided to add in the hero's POV, so there will some new stuff to write as well. When I say I decided to add the hero's POV, it was more like the story demanded some time from his perspective.

While I enjoy writing, parts of it are not very intuitive for me and I struggle through those parts with more than a few growing pains. (Which might account for condition I spoke of yesterday.)

And to end my post, a book recommendation: When One Night Isn't Enough, a Harlequin Medical romance, by my online acquaintance Wendy S. Marcus. I finished the book in two evenings. I didn't want to put it down the first night, but forced myself. I need my sleep.

Anyway, the story: Nurse Ali Forshay has swapped dating disasters for nights out with the girls. But after spending more time than is strictly necessary discussing the man she loves to hate--the notoriously delicious Dr. Jared Padget--Ali's horrifying realization is that she's one hundred percent crazy in lust with him! Her conclusion: spend a feverish night together. After all, it would just be a onetime thing and it would cure her obsession...wouldn't it?

1 comment:

C. A. Szarek said...

Revising and editing are some my my LEAST favorite parts of writing. But, a necessary evil (?) Hehehe. I can't wait to read your book, and the good read you recommeneded either! Have a great day, happy writing!