Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yesterday was my birthday--I enjoyed a nice quiet day, including a nice good long chat with my momma, a meal I didn't have to cook, and a replay of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The men are still gone, but will be home no later than Wednesday. Of course, they'll be back out the door by Saturday at the latest. DD left for children's camp this morning, so it's just me and the four-legged girls until the men get home.

My one and only birthday gift so far is a 320GB portable hard drive. I've been wanting one for a while to hold all my music, movies, and TV shows. I have too much to keep on my laptop. I found a good one (Seagate) at Wally World for $49. A pretty good deal.

Actually, another lovely gift was my nomination for a Sweet Award by my sweet friend Regina, who chose to nominate me (among others) because "Jen FitzGerald who reminds me of the little treasures buried in each day." Isn't that a lovely thing to say. Thanks again, Regina. :)

As mentioned in a previous post, when the men leave, I clean and complete projects. And when I'm not doing that, I'm reading, writing, or watching fun things on TV/DVD/Netflix/or iTunes.

I'm about halfway through the cleaning, but haven't started completing the projects, though I have what I need to get started. Tonight, I'll be getting started--painting the trim in the former spare bedroom, now computer room. My other project is to work on Sonshine's room. At least to clean it and then buy & paint the molding. The men can put up the molding when they get home.

And I can do laundry without having to babysit the washer. The pipes were getting clogged with gunk, so I had to stop the machine several times during the drain cycles. But it finally reached critical mass and for just under $100, I have unchaperoned laundry once again.

Well...that's it for now. :)

1 comment:

Regina Richards said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! Hope your day and your whole week are wonderful.