Monday, May 23, 2011

My kid is Awesome!!

Band Banquet was this past Friday night.

The band director sent free banquet tickets for DD and me. I asked sonshine if he had a problem if I went.

His response?

"Of course not, Momma. You're the band mom and everyone would miss you if you didn't come."

Isn't that just so sweet from a 15-year-old boy??

And then he proceeded to earn the "Freshman Band Member of the Year" award.

I'm so glad I decided to go!

This year's drum major also told me that he's on course for being drum major as a junior or senior. Next year, he's first trumpet and section leader (mostly by default as the only other trumpet player is graduating, but hey).

Needless to say, I'm very proud of my boy.

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

How wonderful for sonshine!!! And I'm glad too, that you went. You have a great rapport with the kids so I think he's right; they would all miss you.
Give him a hug from his grandma!! and one for you too.
Love you all
Mom

Regina Richards said...

Congrats to Sonshine! And to mom., who worked so hard behind the scenes this year!

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks you two!