Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's that time again...

Three things, actually.

1) spring. Which I adore. Mostly. Not as much as fall, but I usually receive the lowest electric bills in the spring, so yeah. Things are turning green again. Green is my favorite color.

On the flip side, wind. We get the winds in spring which means more dust and dirt in he house as I like the windows open as often as possible.

Dogs, blowing coat, shedding the thick undercoats that kept them warm all winter all over my house.

Rain, usually, which means dogs track in mud, too.

2) the chorus of "It's hot in here." begins. I am the most warm person in the house, so as we transition from early spring to late spring and the humidity levels rise, the whole family begins whining. My response remains, "It's not hot, it's humid, take off some clothes." For many years I resisted turning on the A/C before May 1st. I mean really, A/C in April? No, just, no. As I am getting older I don't resist quite so hard.

3) my body's griping at me again to get up off my duff and use it. I lead a very sedentary life...well, you all have heard the story. So I will be walking or something soon since I am tired of aching all over, all the time.

On a side note, I spent just over 2 hours at Care Now last night. DD has been sick since Monday and hubby was paranoid she had strep, to which he is highly susceptible, and asked that she go to the doctor. Arg. Well, not strep, but severe tonsillitis and the beginnings of pneumonia. Lovely. So she got two shots while there, one anti-biotic and one steroid. And then four prescriptions. Whoa! Yep, $123 dollars later. I know, I know, we don't want to mess with pneumonia, so it's a good thing we went. But still. My own throat has been giving indications... Lots of hot tea for me. I'll scald those germs right out of there.

All right, that's it for me for now.

Enjoy the weekend.

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

It's 7:30 and about 30 degrees!! I love spring in May, not now ... we have had rain and snow in the last week. Yes we've had sun too, but it is not a warm sun yet ... I need to open window and doors too, fresh air and the pets can all come and go as they please. I spend most of my time hopping up and down to let them in and out.

Thank goodness we don't have any humidity! Of course that is a two edged sword - forest fires love DRY grasses.

I'm glad you found out what A has, but Tonsillitis and pneumonia at the same time ... will she have to have the tonsils removed? It might be the best thing so she doesn't get this through adulthood. Do that hot tea thingy!!! for her too. It's too early for me to think, but look up some of those natural "helpers" to see what you can do cheaply for her.
Love you
Mom

Regina Richards said...

I'm with you, Jen. No air conditioning in April. I usually try to get my family to wait until June 1st (because I'm a miser) but they never will. Sometimes I make it until May 15th.

Genies said...

share is the most fun thing to calm our hearts, thank you. cara menghilangkan amandel