Monday, March 14, 2011

Five down, one to go...

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night and I watched the movie.

I am continually amazed by the interwoven threads of these books. Not everything is a major plot line, but J.K. Rowling has remembered and continued many of the background threads throughout each successive story--which just add so much more to the experience. Of course, we miss out on a lot of this in the films due to money and time constraints. One of the reasons I decided to actually read the books. The films have their pros, of course. To me the biggest one is Daniel Radcliffe. Yes, I'm shallow. He's a beautiful young man. To watch him go from an eleven-year-old to a seventeen/eighteen-year-old has been quite fabulous. And as I watching the movie last night, I was really blown away by young Master Radcliffe's performance. Harry was 15 in the movie and Dan was at least that, if not maybe sixteen by then. There are naysayers and I'm certainly not a qualified judge, but I thought he did a fabulous job, so there you go.

No comments: