Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Down to the wire...

Only three days until Christmas and I am not done shopping. This is unusual for me as by this point, I am done shopping and spend the last few days off my feet, wrapping and watching/re-watching favorite movies and TV shows. All gifts, save the annual ornament, have been purchased for one DD; hubby is about halfway done and I know what I want to buy for the other half; Marching Band Boy has two things so far. His big gift is a cell phone, but until I buy that, I don't know how much I have left for the rest of his miscellaneous gifts. (Each person is assigned a $$ value; the kids' are higher than hubby's or mine.)

And there are stocking stuffers--not so easy any more. All that's left is candy, which I hate to do. Girls are easier than boys since we always need new hair stuff, makeup or nail care products. Either way, it is easy to spend another couple of hundred dollars putting decent stuff in those suckers. Maybe my sister has the right idea about no stockings. But I guess it's a little late now. :)

Today I will be leaving the office for a couple of hours to try and get hubby's gifts all bought. I may even buy MBB's cell phone. And it's all downhill from there. I think I'm going to end up doing a late night to super WalMart for the rest.

Marry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Like you I'm normally an early bird shopper. I start buying for Christmas in August and finish most of it by October 1st. I like to enjoy a quiet and holy Advent season. But this year the oldest started college an my mom got brain cancer, so I'm running around playing bumper elbows with the rest of the crowd. Hopefully I'll do better next year.

Merry Christmas, Jen!

mtnchild said...

Don't feel bad - I've been off my feed for the last 3 days and still have 2 presents to finish. I don't think I'll make it as I'm still a bit off and need to lie down every 3-4 hours. I won't be going to any parties either, I just don't want to pass this on to anyone. I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy as the saying goes ... I'm just now starting to eat some solid food, but it makes it very hard when nothing I eat tastes like it's suppose to.

It will all catch up after Christmas ... Love to all of you
Mom