Friday, September 3, 2010

How about those Cowboys?

The Dallas Cowboys, that is.

Last night I worked a concession stand at the brand-spankin'-new Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

First let me say, thank goodness they move to Arlington! The new stadium is a hop, skip and jump down the highway from my house. A blessing indeed at 11PM when you are utterly exhausted. We arrived at 2PMish to get the stand set up. It's not really a stand, per se, but most of you have been to professional sports venues--yeah, we were in the one of those beer, burger, hot dog selling stands built into the facility.

That was an experience and I'm still too exhausted/sore to gather my thoughts about it at the moment.

But in case you were wondering why I was there...working the stand on behalf of the band boosters for my son's band. The contract with the Dallas Cowboys is their main source of income each year.

Anyhow, it was just an exhibition game,but the Cowboys won against the Dolphins.

And since my efforts were in support on my son--who, by the way, was chosen "Bandsman of the Week" at the game he attended/marched at last night. It was announced over the P.A., too... *big momma grin* I wish I could have been there for that!--here is the video of his band playing a part of their competition program as promised.


3 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Congrats to the bandsman of the week! And his mom. :)

Wendy S Marcus said...

Very cool! Congrats to your son!
The NY Yankees do something similar to this for baseball teams. Only involves standing at a keg stand serving beer. My husband (A diehard NY Mets fan) did it twice. (The things we do for our children!!!)

mtnchild said...

Very nice! Congrats to you and the boy!!

Just got back from 4 days camping - I am whooped!!

Love you,
Mom