Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid, Tastes Great

Who remembers Kool-Aid?

We still drink it at my house. It's not the best thing we could all drink (that being water), but it's certainly better than soda and energy drinks. I drink more sweet tea than Kool-Aid, which I also make with less sugar. But occasionally I like a nice cold glass of sweet, fruity flavored Kool-Aid.

Now, for awhile, I was making the artificially sweetened store brand kool-aid for hubby and son, but I have always been of the opinion that the bad things about aspartame far outweigh the good and finally decided to stop pouring it down my mens' throats. Back to the real stuff made with real sugar. :)

Have I noticed a difference? I'm not sure yet... Does hubby's inability to go to sleep at a reasonable hour count--or does stress and the fact that he's a night owl weigh more heavily there?

My favorite is pink lemonade, but I also like orange and last night I found black cherry again!

What's your favorite flavor?

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

You knew I would answer ... LOL. I like the Lemonade and Pink Lemonade. I only put about 2/3 - 3/4 cups sugar in it. I don't have the sweet tooth YOU have.

I also drink a lot of plain cool water. I'm on a well, so I don't get all the 'stuff' cities put in the water. Plain, pure water. It is hard water so it leaves spots on everything, but I'll live with that.

Love you,
Mom

Jen FitzGerald said...

Yep, knew you'd answer. ;) And, actually, I only put 3/4 cup sugar in myself. I might have to try the 2/3 cup, especially for lemonade.

Hubby's fave is grape, which I'm not so fond of and sonshine will drink most any flavor, although he's not overly fond of the orange, so I don't make it that often.

Regina Richards said...

Cherry. Orange if I can't get cherry. :)