Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm Back and Have Caught My Breath

*deep breath*

(edit--I've been trying to post this for two days....)

Being gone for two business days was not the wisest thing, but the walls are still standing and the employees are all still present and accounted for.

It took me Tuesday and Wednesday to get back up to speed (mostly) but only because we had a couple clients in panic mode and had to shuffle techs around to get clients taken care of. Then, of course, handling phone calls. When you get interrupted every ten minutes or so, it's frustrating and difficult to make much progress on anything. Lesson: don't do things that need a lot of time and concentration between 11am and 2pm.

This morning is calmer. Whew. Problem employee is working from a client's site and will go directly there. He's been turning in his word orders--will wonders never cease? Well, they were threatened with their paychecks being held if they didn't turn in every work order they were responsible for, so that lit a fire under a couple of them. ;)

Everything else is slowly falling into place. One last major hurdle and we should see some real progress.

But the gauntlet's been thrown. July 15th is the drop dead date. If they don't get their acts together and the ship turned around, people will be let go. Every employee has been notified. We'll downsize as much as possible and move into smaller/less expensive office space in an attempt to consistently run in the black. We'll hunker down and handle our contact clients and the few other long-standing or good paying clients we have. I guess I'll be learning how to clean up a PC. ;)

Well, enough of the boring stuff--

Girls weekend on Mustang Island, Port Aransas, Texas. BEAUTIFUL

Here are a few pictures, but I don't have the energy to write anything else right now.

One of the views from the beach house:



The Blue Ghost, Lady Lex, CV-16 USS Lexington:



Once I get my disposable camera developed, I'll have a few more of the inside of the house and our day at the beach.

2 comments:

mtnchild said...

You have had a busy weekend!!! But what's nice is that it really sounds like you had a ton of fun.

So the boys need to be ruffled up a bit. I think you hit it with the July 15 deadline! I guess we'll find out who really wants to keep their job ...
Good job Jen!!!

Love you
Mom

Regina Richards said...

Glad you're seeing progress with the lads. And I can't wait to read more about your trip. The Lex looks like a fantasy ship.